Over the past few weeks, we’ve talked a lot about our services, including direct mail fulfillment. We’ve mentioned that, when implemented correctly, a direct mail campaign can serve as a good source to generate leads, sales and see a good return on your investment. With that said, our team wants to share some basic tips to help you get started on your next direct mail campaign.
1. When developing your strategy for a direct mail campaign, make sure you have a goal in mind. What do you want to achieve with this campaign? The goals you want to achieve will act as the basis for the rest of your campaign strategy.
2. Know your target audience! Now that you know what you want to achieve, the next step is to know your audience. Knowing the specifics about your audience will help guide your mailer’s content and design, and will help you likely see a greater response rate. Once you know the details, compile a targeted list for your direct mail piece to go out to.
3. Content and design is crucial. Make sure that your copy is well written, flows easily on your direct mail piece and is easy to understand. You want your audience to relate to you, so your content and design should clearly define your mailer’s message. Personalized content is also a great way to grab attention and increase response rates.
4. Speaking on content, don’t forget to include a ‘call to action’ statement. This statement is used in an effort to make your audience take action immediately. Use active, straightforward language that will make your audience want to respond to your direct mail piece. Don’t leave them guessing what they should do next!
5. Once you have your strategy, list, content and design in place it’s now time to take advantage of the services a fulfillment center, like Spectra, can offer. At Spectra, we’re ready to be your one-stop-shop for your campaign needs – including print, kitting, mailing and tracking of your direct mail pieces!
Are you ready to get started on your direct mail campaign? All you have to do is contact us today to get started! And for more tips and on your print, marketing and fulfillment needs, be sure to connect with us on Facebook, Twitter or Google+ and Instagram (@Spectra_SC)!